Sunday, June 19, 2011

Just Like You. Happy Father's Day.

We were laughing our heads off. Raiding the closet. Peeking our heads out the window to make sure daddy wasn't coming home early. I had an initial idea, "let's dress you guys up in Daddy's clothes and take a picture!" ... and then my kids turned on the creativity. They started calling out specific things they wanted to wear in order to really BE daddy. In all his many personas.

My oldest insisted that he needed to wear my husband's basketball shorts. Another one wanted to put on his badge that he wears to work every day. My little guy kept jumping up and down shouting, "I want to wear his PAJAMAS!" Of course that meant he got to wear the 15-year-old glasses that my husband puts on after taking out his contacts every evening. Which put us all in a fit of giggles as he looked so silly.

To finish off the look, the baby wore "church clothes" (although her brother's insisted she couldn't wear any flowers in her hair, or she wouldn't look like daddy ...). I think they did a perfect job picking out what they needed to wear for all of the roles my husband plays so well: Work Daddy, Basketball Daddy, Bedtime Daddy, and Church Daddy.

My kids couldn't ask for a better role model for who they should be when they grow up.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Happy Father's Day.

6 comments:

The Carter Family June 19, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

Just adorable!!! What a great idea, and I love how you showcased some of the different parts of their 'dad'.

Natalie June 19, 2011 at 6:52 PM  

that is such a cute idea! and they really do all look adorable!

Jeanette Roylance June 19, 2011 at 6:56 PM  

We are totally cracking up! We agree that Teagan gets the most giggles! VERY cute!

Shar June 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM  

Yes. . . love the Teagan face. That is one of the most fun little photo shoots I've seen in a long time. Frame it.

JaNae June 23, 2011 at 9:34 AM  

A fabulous idea! I'm sure Dad loved it...I'll have to keep it in mind for a future father's day because his kids would love it and so would he. :)

Happy Home Fairy June 7, 2012 at 3:37 AM  

Hello! I was wondering if I could have your permission to share one of these adorable photos at Happy Home Fairy for a special Father's Day round-up I am working on?? Thanks for letting me know and for sharing your creativity! These pics are too cute!!!!


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP